Apr 6, 2008

A Day Of Firsts

Yesterday I threw caution to the wind and did 2, yes 2, daring things.

First I bungee jumped! I leaped from a 45ft tower dangling from the end of an elastic band. It was awesome! Getting off the tower required a few deep breaths and the ability to not look down, but I made it. I even did a completely unplanned flip. Unfortunately, my photographer on the ground thought it was someone else going and so the actual jump wasn't caught on film, just the after bounces.



Second, I ate Bondaegee. I have no idea if that's how it should be spelled. The English translation is the completely unappetizing Silk Worm Larva. I now know it is as bad as I thought it would be. Kids here love the stuff so you can always find it for sale next to cotton candy at any event where children may be present or outside the gates to elementary schools. It has a disgusting smell, as anyone who's spent anytime in Korea can tell you, and now I know it tastes as bad as it smells. Fortunately, this was caught on film, but she flipped it halfway through. You get the gist.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

1

Leslie said...

yay, you went bungee jumping!! and i can't believe you ate the freakin bug! i'm so glad you got them both on video, i feel like i was there. ;)