Apr 16, 2008

The Disappearing Appendix

Many of you have heard, but for some this may come as a surprise. Last Friday I woke up at 2am with serious stomach pain. I thought I had the flu and spent the night vomiting and trying to find a way to ease the pain. By morning it was pretty clear that it wasn't going away, I called in sick and asked my boss to send a bus driver to get me to the hospital. Three hospitals, an ambulance ride, and an ultra-sound later it was pretty clear I had appendicitis. Luckily, it didn't rupture, just got really swollen, so they did emergency surgery Friday afternoon. I spent 5 days in the hospital, but am home now. I've still got a couple staples and some stitches in my stomach, but I'm on the road to recovery. Thanks to everyone who visited me in the hospital and sent their get well wishes.
Now, here's a lovely picture of the missing appendix! Woot.

And this is how lovely I looked post-surgery! The pj's were pretty comfy :)

No comments: