Apr 29, 2007

Anyone Wanna Buy a Rooster?

Yesterday, Leslie and I stumbled across blocks of pet stores. Koreans are a little unorthodox in their pet choices. Small dogs that fit in purses are popular, but children seem to like their pets to be a little more exotic... or rural, I suppose. The stores did have some standard pets (I only saw one cat between about 10 shops), but here's a sample of some of the stranger ones. One fish store even had sharks! Keep in mind that about 95% of Koreans live in apartments without even a balcony.
Tadpoles, anyone?

Naked Little Frogs


You can get a whole family of chickens...I'm not sure where you'd keep them in an apartment though. And do you really want a rooster crowing every morning. Your neighbors would hate you! I've had students bring these little chicks to school in paper bags, I'm guessing they don't live long.


I saved the best for last. I'd really like to know who has a chipmunk in their house, and how do you play with it?

No comments: